Pages

Thursday, October 29, 2020

Marvelous Mahi Toi

HI my name is Thea, for the last 3 weeks last term and this term we have been doing calendar art (Mahi Toi). The first thing we had to do was practice on four little korus, the korus had a light grey stencil for us to trace over, we had to practice drawing continuous lines and rule straight lines, after we did that we had to practice blending with coloured pencils, once we did that we went on the big paper. The colours I chose were red, orange, two types of blue and black. For the waves on the koru I did the black and the blues, for the lines I did the red and orange. It was hard to draw the continuous lines because I kept going over the lines and kept using my wrist(we had to use our shoulder not our wrist). Have you ever blended with coloured pencils? Thank you for reading my blog post! Here is my finish product! 



No comments:

Post a Comment