Pages

Thursday, October 15, 2020

The Biggest Fish

Two weeks ago on Monday my Dad and I woke up at 6:45am to go fishing, we picked up my best friend Maya on the way. When we got to the boat ramp Maya and I helped my Dad get the dinghy in the water, we put our life jackets on and put all the fishing gear in the boat and we were off. The first place we went was a buoy out by the islands. We waited for a while and then I got a bite, I yanked my rod and I was on, I reeled my fishing rod line up as fast as I could... but it was a 27 cm snapper (they have to be 30 cm or over to keep them) so my dad put it back. A few minutes later Maya got a big bite and and she reeled up her rod and her bait was gone. Two hours passed and Maya caught a butter fish and a 33 cm snapper, my dad caught a really big 44 cm snapper and a 32 cm snapper and I caught five decent sized snapper that were big enough to keep. The annoying that was Maya caught a 29 cm fish it was so close to being 30 cm but we had to put it back. I put my bait in for at least 30 sec and my bait was GONE!! But then I caught the fish. When we got home my Dad cleaned and cut the fish and and we had a yummy dinner! Have you ever caught a snapper? Thank you for reading my blog post!  


No comments:

Post a Comment